It takes more than a car to get your kid to college!
Congratulations on the purchase of your vehicle. Your timing is great, because in addition to the new wheels, you’ve received a certificate to redeem for a contribution into a new or existing College SAVE account.
If you’ve never heard about College SAVE or 529 plans, we encourage you to spend some time on our website to learn more. College SAVE is administered by Bank of North Dakota (BND) and is North Dakota’s 529 plan. A 529 plan is IRS terminology for a special college savings account which allows for tax-deferred earnings, tax-free withdrawals and an in-state tax deduction. North Dakotans are eligible for two different grant programs.
- New Baby Match: A $200 grant given to every newborn in North Dakota when an account is opened for an infant up to 12 months of age. Someone must place up to $200 in the account to receive the $200 grant from BND.
- BND Match: A match of up to $300, depending on income level and the amount placed in the account. However, the income levels are so generous that four out of five North Dakotans qualify for the BND Match.
Participating North Dakota Auto Dealers
Find one near you that will contribute to your new or existing College SAVE account when you purchase a new or used car!
- Bismarck - Eide Chrysler - $50
- Bismarck - Eide Ford Lincoln - $50
- Bismarck - Kupper Subaru - $100
- Cavalier - Birchwood Chevrolet Buick - $100
- Devils Lake - Lake Toyota - $50
- Devils Lake - Marketplace Ford Lincoln - $50
- Devils Lake - Lake Chevrolet Buick GMC - $50
- Dickinson - Sax Motor Co - $75
- Hazen - Hazen Motor Co - $75
- Jamestown - Wilhellm Chevrolet Buick GMC - $50
- Mandan - Schwan Buick GMC Cadillac - $75
- Mandan - Kupper Chevrolet-Subaru - $100
- Rolla - Theel Motors Inc - $100
To redeem the College SAVE certificate you received from the dealer:
1. Complete the certificate with the information requested.
2. Send the certificate by postal mail to:
Bank of North Dakota attn: College SAVE
1200 Memorial Highway
Bismarck, ND 58504
3. The amount on the certificate will be deposited in the account you designate on the certificate.
4. All certificates must be postmarked by midnight, December 31, 2018 to be valid.
Questions? Contact James Barnhardt, Director of College SAVE.
1.800.472.2166 ext 328.5882
Ascensus Broker Dealer Services is the distributor of the North Dakota College SAVE plan, Learn more about Ascensus Broker Dealer Services, LLC on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
For more information about North Dakota's College SAVE Plan (College SAVE), call 1-866-SAVE-529 (1-866-728-3529) or click here to obtain a Plan Disclosure Statement. Investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses, and other important information are included in the Plan Disclosure Statement; read and consider it carefully before investing. Ascensus Broker Dealer Services, LLC (ABD) is Distributor of the College Save.
Please Note: Before you invest, consider whether your or the beneficiary’s home state offers any state tax or other state benefits such as financial aid, scholarship funds, and protection from creditors that are only available for investments in that state’s qualified tuition program. You should also consult your financial, tax, or other advisor to learn more about how state-based benefits (or any limitations) would apply to your specific circumstances. You also may wish to contact directly your home state’s 529 college savings plan(s), or any other 529 plan, to learn more about those plans’ features, benefits, and limitations. Keep in mind that state-based benefits should be one of many appropriately weighted factors to be considered when making an investment decision.
College SAVE is a 529 plan established by the State of North Dakota. Bank of North Dakota (Bank) acts as trustee of College SAVE Trust, a North Dakota Trust, and is responsible for administering College SAVE Trust and College SAVE. ABD, the Plan Manager, and its affiliates, have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Plan, including recordkeeping and marketing. The Vanguard Group, Inc. (Vanguard) provides underlying investments for the Plan. The College SAVE's Portfolios, although they invest in mutual funds, are not mutual funds. Units of the Portfolios are municipal securities and the value of units will vary with market conditions.
Investment returns are not guaranteed and you could lose money by investing in College SAVE. Participants assume all investment risks, including the potential for loss of principal, as well as responsibility for any federal and state consequences.
Not FDIC Insured. No Bank, State or Federal Guarantee. May Lose Value.
Vanguard and the ship logo are trademarks of The Vanguard Group, Inc. Upromise is a registered service mark of Upromise, Inc. All other marks are the exclusive property of their respective owners. Used with permission.