Security and privacy are critically important issues for College SAVE. We are proud of the innovations we have made to protect your data and personal identity. We protect your data by:
- Monitoring for intrusion attempts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Using SSL, data and password encryption technology.
- Maintaining firewalls and monitoring systems.
- Conducting security audits and inspections by leading security firms.
How does College SAVE protect my security?
The security of your personal information, transactions, and savings is a priority at College SAVE. Using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, we automatically encrypt your sensitive information in transit from your computer to ours. Once your information reaches us, it resides on servers that are configured for maximum security and are continuously monitored for unauthorized changes. Our security architecture and security procedures are audited and inspected by industry leaders specializing in security processes and technologies.
How can I help protect my security?
- Use caution when choosing your user name and password. Choose a password that will be difficult for others to guess. Do not use obvious or easily accessed data such as your name, initials, Social Security number, mother's maiden name, phone number, address, family birthdays, family names, pet names, or any combination of these. Be sure to choose a unique and secure password to help ensure your protection. College SAVE will never contact you to solicit your user name or password. Never provide them to anyone.
- Close your browser when finished. After you have finished your session with College SAVE, log out and close your browser to erase information that may have been temporarily stored on your computer during your session. Logging off and closing your browser will clear this temporary storage area from your computer.
Ascensus Broker Dealer Services is the distributor of the North Dakota College SAVE plan, Learn more about Ascensus Broker Dealer Services, LLC on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
For more information about North Dakota's College SAVE Plan (College SAVE), call 1-866-SAVE-529 (1-866-728-3529) or click here to obtain a Plan Disclosure Statement. Investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses, and other important information are included in the Plan Disclosure Statement; read and consider it carefully before investing. Ascensus Broker Dealer Services, LLC (ABD) is Distributor of the College Save.
Please Note: Before you invest, consider whether your or the beneficiary’s home state offers any state tax or other state benefits such as financial aid, scholarship funds, and protection from creditors that are only available for investments in that state’s qualified tuition program. You should also consult your financial, tax, or other advisor to learn more about how state-based benefits (or any limitations) would apply to your specific circumstances. You also may wish to contact directly your home state’s 529 college savings plan(s), or any other 529 plan, to learn more about those plans’ features, benefits, and limitations. Keep in mind that state-based benefits should be one of many appropriately weighted factors to be considered when making an investment decision.
College SAVE is a 529 plan established by the State of North Dakota. Bank of North Dakota (Bank) acts as trustee of College SAVE Trust, a North Dakota Trust, and is responsible for administering College SAVE Trust and College SAVE. ABD, the Plan Manager, and its affiliates, have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Plan, including recordkeeping and marketing. The Vanguard Group, Inc. (Vanguard) provides underlying investments for the Plan. The College SAVE's Portfolios, although they invest in mutual funds, are not mutual funds. Units of the Portfolios are municipal securities and the value of units will vary with market conditions.
Investment returns are not guaranteed and you could lose money by investing in College SAVE. Participants assume all investment risks, including the potential for loss of principal, as well as responsibility for any federal and state consequences.
Not FDIC Insured. No Bank, State or Federal Guarantee. May Lose Value.
Vanguard and the ship logo are trademarks of The Vanguard Group, Inc. Upromise is a registered service mark of Upromise, Inc. All other marks are the exclusive property of their respective owners. Used with permission.