Congratulations to our College SAVE Summer Reading Champions Winners!
Each winner was randomly selected as the recipient of a $529 contribution into a College SAVE 529 account for their participation in their local library’s summer reading program.
- Sariah Bollschweiler, New England Public Library
- Lydia Buchholz, Lake Region Public Library
- Eleanor Rubbelke, Ward County Public Library
- Corrine Wenzel, Valley City Barnes County Public Library
- Zachary Ziegler, Bismarck Veterans Memorial Public Library
- Emily Kipp, Grand Forks Public Library
- Judah Jones, Minot Public Library
- Harper Boettcher, Dickinson Area Public Library
- Adelaide Householder, Fargo Public Library
- Bernadette Stemmer, Fargo Public Library
Are you still looking to redeem your Summer Reading Champions certificate? Enter your information below:
College SAVE awards over $11,000 to summer readers!
Every year 10 reading champions received $529 scholarships into College SAVE accounts as a result of the summer reading program.
College SAVE – Bank of North Dakota’s 529 Plan
College SAVE is the state-sponsored 529 plan administered by Bank of North Dakota. This program helps you save for college at any age. You can open a College SAVE account for as little as $25. Tax-free earnings, state tax deductions, and federal git tax exclusions all help your money go further.
You may also qualify for these unique match programs:
- BND Match: 4 out of 5 North Dakota families qualify based on income to receive a $300 match for a child residing anywhere in the United States before they turn 16 years old.
- Kindergarten Kickoff Match: BND will match up to $100 to eligible North Dakota residents with beneficiaries ages 5 and 6 years old.
- New Baby Match: Bank of North Dakota matches you dollar for dollar up to $200 when an account is opened before the first birthday of a child residing in North Dakota.*
1Matching grants are subject to the availability of funds and can be modified, reduced or stopped at Bank of North Dakota's discretion.
Ascensus Broker Dealer Services is the distributor of the North Dakota College SAVE plan, Learn more about Ascensus Broker Dealer Services, LLC on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
For more information about North Dakota's College SAVE Plan (College SAVE), call 1-866-SAVE-529 (1-866-728-3529) or click here to obtain a Plan Disclosure Statement. Investment objectives, risks, charges, expenses, and other important information are included in the Plan Disclosure Statement; read and consider it carefully before investing. Ascensus Broker Dealer Services, LLC (ABD) is Distributor of the College Save.
Please Note: Before you invest, consider whether your or the beneficiary’s home state offers any state tax or other state benefits such as financial aid, scholarship funds, and protection from creditors that are only available for investments in that state’s qualified tuition program. You should also consult your financial, tax, or other advisor to learn more about how state-based benefits (or any limitations) would apply to your specific circumstances. You also may wish to contact directly your home state’s 529 college savings plan(s), or any other 529 plan, to learn more about those plans’ features, benefits, and limitations. Keep in mind that state-based benefits should be one of many appropriately weighted factors to be considered when making an investment decision.
College SAVE is a 529 plan established by the State of North Dakota. Bank of North Dakota (Bank) acts as trustee of College SAVE Trust, a North Dakota Trust, and is responsible for administering College SAVE Trust and College SAVE. ABD, the Plan Manager, and its affiliates, have overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Plan, including recordkeeping and marketing. The Vanguard Group, Inc. (Vanguard) provides underlying investments for the Plan. The College SAVE's Portfolios, although they invest in mutual funds, are not mutual funds. Units of the Portfolios are municipal securities and the value of units will vary with market conditions.
Investment returns are not guaranteed and you could lose money by investing in College SAVE. Participants assume all investment risks, including the potential for loss of principal, as well as responsibility for any federal and state consequences.
Not FDIC Insured. No Bank, State or Federal Guarantee. May Lose Value.
Vanguard and the ship logo are trademarks of The Vanguard Group, Inc. Upromise is a registered service mark of Upromise, Inc. All other marks are the exclusive property of their respective owners. Used with permission.